Split Pea and Lentil Soup Mix
Split peas, lentils, and pasta make a hearty combination for this delicious soup. Makes approximately 6 (1 cup) servings.
Net Weight: 7.15 oz.
What you will need:
- 6 1/2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb. of cooked ham or sausage, diced
- Add contents of soup package to 6 1/2 cups of boiling water.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan, sauté chopped onion and garlic in 3 Tbsp. olive oil until translucent. Set aside.
- After 20 minutes, stir in the cooked ham or sausage and onion/garlic mixture to the soup pot.
- Bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer an additional 10-15 minutes.
Ingredients: Split peas, lentils, enriched macaroni product, salt, sugar, hydrolyzed soy protein, dehydrated vegetables (onion, garlic, parsley), spices, oleoresin turmeric, spice extractives. (Silicon dioxide added to prevent caking). Allergens: Contains wheat and soy.
|| Servings (approx)
|Amount per Serving
|Calories from Fat
|*Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet